We have been offering side stand enlargers for BMW motorcycles for many years and we offer model specific enlargers for nearly every model since 1994. Our design is simple, easy to install and time tested. The side stand enlarger is made of machined anodized aluminum and it features a serrated edge to provide a better grip when deploying the stand.
Considering the weight of the K 1600 GT and GTL (-2015) , the original side stand plate at roughly 2x 2 is on the small side to offer secure support, especially when parking on loose ground or hot asphalt. Our side stand enlarger increases the surface area by approximately 50% and provides the needed support and peace of mind. The part is precisely shaped so that there is no interference with any other part of the bike and it is also visually unobtrusive.
The three clamping screws hold the enlarger firmly in place with no drilling or other modifications needed. Be sure to place a few drops of thread locking fluid on the screws to avoid them backing out and the part falling off. We offer thread locking fluid under the Related Products tab.
- Safe support for the machine on all surfaces.
- Compensates for the leaning angle of the motorcycle.
- Surface area increased by more than 100%.
- 8 mm thick Dural aluminium.
- Rustproof anodised black.
- Rust protection for the original stand plate.
- Cut-out for original foot lined with vibration-absorbing foam rubber.
- CNC machined
- Easy to fit.