The water cooler is optimally positioned in the airstream generated during travel for optimum airflow to cool the engine.
The exposed installation position also means that it is unprotected against stone strikes, dust and insects, however.
The consequence is damage to the fins, in the worst case potentially even leaks as a result of stone strikes or other foreign bodies.
In addition, the finely structured radiator network gets dirty, especially when used on unpaved roads. With a damaged cooler, it is no longer possible to continue driving and dirt reduces the cooling capacity.
Our water cooler protection »EXTREME« is designed to provide an optimal air flow. Yet the front silhouette of the cooler is covered in a way that reliably avoids foreign bodies and insects directly striking the vulnerable radiator network.
Our water cooler protection is also a visual highlight: The functional design is integrated into the R’s appearance and visibly enhances it.
The F 900 R already comes with rudimentary water cooler protection as standard. Our construction far exceeds this in terms of effectiveness and design, however.
- Optimum mechanical protection of the series’ practically unprotected, vulnerable radiator network for the water cooler
- Dual protection: The stable aluminium frame catches large foreign bodies, the close-meshed stainless steel grid the smaller foreign bodies (stone chips)
- Reduces the risk of damage and soiling caused by stone chips, whirled up foreign bodies, insects and dirt on unpaved paths
- Ensures optimum flow of cool air
- Intricately manufactured: Follows the cooler’s curve exactly
- Stable construction: Frame and bars made of aluminium, black powder-coated, close-meshed grille of stainless steel
- Easy, quick fitting
- Comes with mounting material and detailed installation instructions
- Material: Aluminium, 2 mm component thickness, elaborately precisely formed, inserted, integrated, close-meshed stainless steel grille
- Component dimensions
- Width: 497 mm
- Height: 220 mm
- Wunderlich premium product.
- Small batches. Made by hand.
- Wunderlich design. Integrated and functional.
- Made in Europe
If you want to carefully clean the cooler by hand, this must be done with extreme care to ensure that the radiator network doesn’t get damaged. Insects and other grime which has accumulated can be easily removed with a damp cloth. Place the damp cloth on the grille until the dirt is loosened by the moisture and can be easily wiped away with no residue.