The first protection bar made of 32 mm pipe! We chose this dimension of pipe for two reasons: for strength purposes, to protect the R 18 in the best way possible and for aesthetic reasons.
This is because only the 32 mm pipe looks balanced and aesthetically pleasing on the R 18 – and around the bulky manifold pipes.
Additionally, we consciously chose a closed, single-piece form for the protection bar that, alongside the dimensions, contributes to the structural solidity.
The high-quality chrome-plated protection bar thus integrates discreetly into the overall style of the R 18 while adding its own, coordinated accent.
The spade-shaped form calls to mind the protection bar on the classical air-cooled BMW Boxer.
The engine protection bar is solidly supported on six selected points.
The lower wing struts that are attached to the frame beams were discreetly arranged by our engineers so that they aren’t clearly visible and don’t disturb the overall contour.
The multi-point attachment ensures that the forces generated during a crash or when falling over don’t occur at and effect certain points, but are distributed and absorbed by the protection bar across all 6 attachment points.
This significantly reduces the point load caused by force or torque peaks.
- Perfect protection for the cylinders and valve covers
- Aesthetic integration into the shape and design
- High-quality powder-coated and then clear lacquered 32 mm pipe
- Closed form
- Solid, asymmetric 6-point assembly
- Significantly reduces the point load caused by force or torque peaks
- No reduction of lean angle and ride height
- Perfect fit and easy to assemble
- Detailed yet easy-to-understand instructions
- Material: Precision stainless steel pipe, precision-formed on CNC pipe bending machines and then welded with clean seams, high-quality chrome-plated
- Pipe diameter: 32 millimetres
- Wall thickness: 2 millimetres
- Wunderlich product. Small series. Hand crafted.
- Wunderlich. Integrated, functional design.
- Made in Germany
Wunderlich product category