When we saw the meagreoriginal engine protectionand the resulting majordamageto theengine block, we knew we simply had to develop a stronger plate properlyprotecting engine, exhaustdownpipesandcollector.
Background: When the original protector plate is subjected to astrong impactfrom below or is hooked on something from underneath, it can shear off itsfront bracketand the rigid rear brackets bend into theengine cases.
Our engine protection plates have pressed strengthening swages greatly increasing stiffness and stability.
- Extremely sturdy and angled in the front, getting hooked not possible.
- Extended toward the rear to protect the collector.
- No reduction in ground clearance compared to original.
- 4 mm (~5/32) thick strong aluminium plate.
- Nearly indestructible through reinforcement swages.
- 6 attachment points (original only 4).
- No modifications required to the bike. Easy to fit.
- Bolted to existing mounting points/threads.
- Sold complete with complete fitting kit bolts.
The engine protection plates had to withstand extreme tests on the Rallies of Agadir, Katar, at the Erzberg and during many races and extreme tests. Apart from the added stability and safety, the appearance of the GS is also greatly enhanced.