The developing the engine protection bars for the K1600 GT and GTL, we were able to strike an ideal balance. On the one hand, we created a beautifully shaped bar that integrates perfectly into the design of the large, yet dynamically styled K1600, without making the bike appear even more massive. We followed and expanded on the lines of the fairing as well as the angle of the motor. On the other hand, we created a protection bar made of ideally shaped and complexly formed round tubing that will protect the bike, not only in a tip over situation, but also in worse mishaps.
Each engine bar is attached to the bike at three points, all of which are capable of handling large tensile and compression loads. In an impact situation, the forces are spread over the multiple attachment points. The bar need not be removed for routine maintenance, nor does it impede serviceability in any way. Cornering and ground clearances are not compromised. The bars are also fully compatible with the original BMW driving lights. Available chrome plated or powder coated black.
- Nicely shaped, integrated design
- Fits K1600 GT and GTL
- Three attachment points, each bar
- Complexly shaped 25mm OD round tubing
- Routine maintenance not affected
- Cornering clearance not compromised
- Supplied complete with all needed hardware and instructions
- No modifications to the bike or fairing required
- Made in Germany